The Three of Us

The Three of Us
Sweet Baby Girl

Sunday, October 9, 2011

One thing at a time

 


Although I find it frustrating, I'm learning to accept where I am in life right now. It's one thing at a time. I don't have the time or energy to do everything that I want to do in just one day, or even one week. So, for the past few weeks, I've been sewing. I got a sewing machine last November, for my 30th birthday. I started with a few simple aprons and moved on to making an outfit for Macey. The outfit wasn't as cute as I had in my mind so I got frustrated and put my sewing machine up for a few months while I focused on other things.

My motivation for dusting it off and trying again started a month or so ago when Jimmy was asking about Macey's Auburn Tigers outfit. Apparently all of the other kids at the playground that Saturday morning had their game day gear on and Macey was hoping to have something to wear. ;) I quickly made a little AU shirt before they left for the park the next week but the t-shirt I bought was a little small. So, next came her Auburn dress.
Thankfully just about anything looks adorable on this little pumpkin! I absolutely love her huge smile in this picture and think that she is starting to look like me! But, back to sewing... I like things that fall just above her knee so I cut off a few inches of the skirt so it wasn't too long. I may have cut a little too much... but I plan on adding bloomers that have a tigers tail on them. Hopefully by next Saturday!

I saw a skirt like the ones below on a little girl at playgroup and decided it couldn't be too difficult... I misjudged Macey's size on my first attempt so the Owl skirt has been put up until Spring. But I love her Halloween skirt! I plan on adding a BOO shirt to go with it this week.


And Friday night, before we went to Burt's Pumpkin Patch, I made this little pumpkin shirt for my little pumpkin. I was pretty pleased with how cute it turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment