The Three of Us

The Three of Us
Sweet Baby Girl

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Baby Brigade Sprinkle


Thursday evening, the Baby Brigade mommies hosted a Sprinkle for the four of us that are pregnant. It was such a fun night, I hope I can recap it well in this post. We met at Shari's house and ate delicious dips, cheesecake, shrimp, brownies, sausage balls... everything was so good! Then we sat around, laughed and talked for a couple of hours. It was so nice to just sit and talk with all of these girls without chasing our little ones around.


Kelly was so sweet to take all of these pictures. I'm so thankful!!
Julie works full time so we don't get to see her as often as we would like, so it was nice to catch up with her!
 Before opening gifts, we all took the pencil test again. I'm not usually on board with things like this, but the pencil test hasn't been wrong yet! (That I know of.) It's a test that tells how many kids you will have and their gender. I know I know, it sounds like MASH from the old days when you were ten years old. But it was right for all 12 of our first babies and for those of us that are pregnant again with our second. What are the chances?! So, how many kids will Jimmy and I have? According to the pencil... FOUR! I know we joke about having lots of kids to fill up our van, but I guess my mind has never gotten past three, since I'm one of three. According to the pencil, our first two will be girls (correct) and then a boy and our baby will be another girl. I love big families but I wonder about the stress of managing such a large family. And I want to have enough time to make each child feel special and loved. Can I do that with four little Jimmy and Laurie's running around? I realize God is in control and maybe our family will just be four or five. Whatever happens, I know it will be perfect.


The hostesses made us each a diaper cake with a wonderful gift card to Babies R Us. I have the cake in Macey's room (since it will be Baby Sisters nursery) and Macey calls the diapers "big tissues." Maybe I should teach her "for your booty" to add to her sentence? Allison made Beth and I little tutus for our baby girls. Isn't it adorable and so tiny?! I can't wait to take newborn pictures in it! Each of us pregnant girls got the others a little something too. Baby sister now has Minnie Mouse trumpette socks (from Kasey), Monthly Onesie Stickers and a bunny book (from Beth) and a huge mommy clip and Big Sister book for Macey (from Nancy). I'm so excited to see Baby Sisters little feet in her new socks. And it will be fun to chart her monthly growth with the Onesie stickers! I've already read the Big Sister book to Macey and she loved it. Karen Katz is such a great author. I have no idea how I managed keeping up with everything without a huge mommy clip when Macey was a little baby! I'm going to need several to keep up with everything for two babies!  

I was excited to make tie onesies for the baby boys and ruffle bloomers for baby Kinley. The ties were much easier than I expected, I hope they look as cute on the babies! And I love ruffles on little baby girls bums. I need to make several pair for Baby Sister before she gets here! I also did a couple of burp clothes for each new baby. You can never have enough spit catchers!


Nancy, Kasey, Shari, Beth and Me
In order of due dates

I love the diaper cakes!!


1 comment:

  1. I think you could totally rock being a mom to 4 babies! It will be so neat to see if that freaky pencil is right ;)

    ReplyDelete