The Three of Us

The Three of Us
Sweet Baby Girl

Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day - World of Coke

It was a long and fun Labor Day weekend, ending with a great day at the World of Coca Cola. Jimmy's parents came in town on Sunday evening, just in time for dinner at Muss and Turners. Macey had a late nap so she was ready to play and show off her singing and dancing skills.




We started today off at the World of Coca Cola. It's been many years since I've been and they moved to a new location, next to the GA Aquarium. So many things have changed but now that I have a small child, I can appreciate the extra interactive activities they have added to the "walk, look and don't touch" exhibits.

I think what also made this trip so fun is that Macey had a blast. She didn't ride in her stroller for even a minute, but spent all of her time dancing, jumping and walking around like she owned the place. I tried to grab her for a quick picture but she was way too busy dancing to sit with me.





I think Jimmy and his dad tasted one drink, while his mom and I tasted several from each country. I remembered the Beverly from Italy from my visit many years ago, but couldn't remember if it was really good or really bad... I thought I was going to throw up the minute it hit my mouth. It is absolutely the worst drink ever. Stay away from it when you visit!



Once I tasted the Beverly, I started thinking... why am I tasting all of these drinks from other countries? Just to see what people in China or Uganda or Italy are drinking? Why don't I just stick to the deliciousness known as a good old coke?!


Jimmy and I got to slip away and to share a coke moment in the taste test area. :) I had already tasted all of the drinks from other countries but just needed a good old fashion coke to top it all off. I love a real, sugary coke and would drink several a day if they weren't so packed full of sugar and, surprisingly, salt. And of course the caffeine right now...

One of the interactive exhibits. She just liked pressing the "button!" and frustrated the other children that took over during Macey's turn.



And the old coca cola machine was pretty cool. It kept Macey occupied for several minutes while everyone looked at all of the old Coke paraphernalia. Sometimes I wish we only bought old bottles of cokes instead of boring cans. :)
So we started our tour of the museum with a movie. It was a silly cartoon with singing and dancing... I'm not so sure of it's purpose but it was pretty entertaining. When we left the theater and were released to tour the museum on our own, this "big bear" was waiting to greet us. Macey fell in love. She had no fear of this 7 foot bear but walked straight up to him and showed him her baby doll.
 



Then we saw this crazy character from the movie... I think she was a cheerleader of some sort. Whatever she was, Macey loved her! Can you even believe this look of pure joy on her face?! If this crazy character gets this response, I can only imagine her excitement when she sees Minnie Mouse. Hopefully she is still in diapers when we take her to Disney World...
 




No comments:

Post a Comment