Baby Vivian is almost 4 months old and oh so tiny! Actually, she is a normal size baby but seemed so little next to my almost two year old. Sweet baby girl.
I could not have been more pleased with our morning. Macey loved watching Baby V and showed no signs of jealousy. Well, at one point she said, "Mommy, put that baby down." But she quickly accepted my explanation that I was going to hold her and we moved on to another activity. There were no signs of hitting, acting out or just being bad in general.
When it was time to feed Baby Vivian, Macey was quick to help me hold the bottle and wanted a swig of the formula when V was done. I did not let her drink from the bottle but all of her babies did...
This was a great dry run for me as well. I've been wondering how in the world I"m going to take care of two babies in just a few short weeks. It was a tiring morning, but I made it! I kept Sesame Street on for Macey and she did a great job entertaining herself most of the morning. Baby V was a little upset after eating so I walked around and bounced her, then sat down and patted her back, then back up to bouncing... after about 30 minutes she was all burped out and ready for her next nap. Whew! At one point I had a baby on my right side, one in the middle in my belly, and a book on my lap with a toddler at my knees... it got a little crowded but once the baby is no longer in my belly and just on my side, I think we'll be good.
| "Macey hold Baby Vivian" |
Around lunch, Heather called to say she would be picking up V soon so I didn't want to lay her down, then have to wake her to put her in her car seat. So, I made Macey's PB&J with one hand while holding a sleeping Baby Vivian in my other arm. I'd say this was the last "can I do it?" test and I passed. Bring it on!!!
So sweet!!!! Macey will be an awesome big sis!
ReplyDelete