The Three of Us
Sweet Baby Girl
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Gingerbread "House" Competition
We had such a good time last night at The Reeder's annual Gingerbread Competition. Katie and her one year old son, Bennett, joined our play group this summer and this was our first time to meet her hubs. The Reeders host a Gingerbread House competition each year and we were amazed to see the level of competition and concentration that goes in to making the winning "house." I admitedlly didn't read the evite very closely so we did not come as prepared as we will next year...
The theme for the competition this year was Movies. Your "house" had to reflect a movie and all of the guests judged on their favorite. Jimmy and I struggled with a movie while everyone else got busy with their creations. One guy, an architect, brought a tool box of supplies! Another guy had made Charlie Brown out of fondant... and I brought marshmellows, jelly beans and Andes Mints. (The Andes mints were more for inspiration) We finally came up with Hoosiers and I am pretty proud of our little masterpiece!
Thanks to Kelly for taking all of these pictures!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Yall did great! Next year I will be prepared to not have my kid!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad ya'll came and I got to meet Jimmy. I thought Hoosiers was amazing:)! So much fun. Thanks, again, for coming!
ReplyDelete