Birthdays have always been fun for me. It's never mattered what I had planned for the day, I was always happy and giddy on the day of my birthday. This is the first year that I've just felt old. 31 sounds so much older than 30 and I actually feel old. Or maybe I just feel pregnant? Either way, I'm slowing down.
We started the celebrations on Friday with dinner at mom and dad's house. It was delicious and topped off by my favorite cookie cake, made by mom. Macey spent the night and most of the next day with them. Sunday, they came back up after church and took us to dinner to celebrate again. It was so nice to spend the evening with them, eating fajitas at Papasitos. :) Wednesday night, Jimmy set up a little dinner with a couple of close friends. It was so nice to talk with two of my favorite girls, Amy and Krissy, while Jimmy and Chris wrangled our sweet babies. Thursday was my actual birthday and I had a wonderful day with Macey. We played outside and ran a few errands before leaving for the beach that afternoon for a wedding.
Overall, I had an amazing birthday week and I felt very loved by my family and friends. If only I were just turning 30 again for the next few years...
You're not old! You're a rockin' momma!
ReplyDeleteLooks like I got some grease from all that pizza in my hair! And you my friend look amazing! Not a day past 29 ;)
ReplyDelete